iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Proceedings: Ontology Summit 2011: Launch Event - Thu 201

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 00:02:56 -0800
Re: Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_01_20    (01)

Our 2011 Ontology Summit kicked-off yesterday (20-Jan-2011) with a lot
of energy and enthusiasm. Our Summit General Co-chairs, our six
Co-organizers, and the Track Co-champions briefed everyone on this
year's Summit theme, outlined our aspirations, goals, approach,
process and plans.  A huge THANK YOU to all who participated and
contributed to this very successful Launch Event yesterday that sent
this year's Ontology Summit off to a great start!    (02)

With online discourse over our [ontology-summit] mailing list, and
virtual panel session scheduled for almost every Thursday (in the 3
months to come), this community will seek to address the theme of
"Making the Case for Ontology" by breaking the input collection,
analysis and synthesis work into five tracks - (1) Ontology
Application Framework, (2) Applications and Case Studies, (3) Value
Metrics and Value Models, (4) Strategies for "Making the Case", and
(5) Grand Challenges.    (03)

The findings of the summit will be documented and released in the form
of a communique, when the community comes together on April 18 & 19
(2011) at NIST in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA for the concluding
face-to-face workshop and symposium.    (04)

Proceedings of the entire 2011 Ontology Summit Launch Event - the
slides, in-session chat-transcript, as well as full audio recording
(mp3) of the session - are now available in the archives, and can be
accessed from
our session page under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_01_20#nid2L7S    (05)

Please mark your calendars for the upcoming Thursday telecon sessions,
as well the April 18 & 19 face-to-face.    (06)

Make sure you can come join us next Thursday 27-Jan-2011, when our
Track-2 co-champions, Mills Davis and Mike Bennett will assembled a
panel to present the session entitled: "Harvesting the Business Value
of Ontologies: Recent Case Examples."  The developing session page is
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_01_27
... RSVP now (see details below).    (07)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
On behalf of the Ontology Summit Organizing Committee
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011