iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Public report of IAOA EC meeting (n.29)

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 08:38:11 -0700
Dear IAOA-general mailing list subscribers,    (01)

please, find below the public report of the 29th IAOA Executive Council meeting.    (02)

The public reports are collected at
http://www.iaoa.org/council/reports/reports.html    (03)

If you are an IAOA member but do not have the password to access the
IAOA member's area (http://www.iaoa.org/ios/ios.php), contact the
association at: info@xxxxxxxx    (04)

If you are not an IAOA member, please use the following link to
register to the IAOA association
http://www.iaoa.org/joining/joining.html    (05)

Cheers
Peter Yim
on behalf of IAOA EC    (06)

---    (07)

Twenty-Ninth meeting of the IAOA Executive Council (EC)
Virtual Meeting of 28 Sept 2010    (08)

Attendees
NicolaGuarino (chair)
JohnBateman
MichaelGruninger
LeoObrst
PeterYim    (09)

The EC continued discussion on the following matters ...    (010)

* Promoting the IAOA outreach and image. In particular, we will be
distributing fliers at IAOA supported events and other relevant
events. We will look to members' help with this too, at events which
they are organizing or attending.    (011)

* Broadening the Advisory Board (AB) continuously (even after the AB
is first established.)    (012)

* Plans for the first IAOA Summer School (summer of 2011.)    (013)

* Our position on Ontology Registry and Repository related efforts.    (014)

* The process and ByLaws governing Committees, SIGs, and International outreach    (015)

Interested members are encouraged to join the Education Committee and
its various subcommittees. The [iaoa-education] mailing list is now
up, where those who want to involved should subscribe to (ref.
announcement and details on the [iaoa-member] mailing list.)    (016)

(End of Report)    (017)