iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Public Report of IAOA EC meeting (n.21)

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:38:48 -0700
Dear all,    (01)

please, find below the public report of the 21st IAOA Executive Council meeting.    (02)

The public reports are collected at
http://www.iaoa.org/council/reports/reports.html    (03)

If you are not an IAOA member yet, remember that the IAOA-general
mailing list will be discontinued soon.
You can keep reading the IAOA Public Reports at the given webpage.    (04)

To participate to IAOA activities and to take advantage of the IAOA
benefits, register at http://www.iaoa.org/joining/joining.html    (05)

Cheers
Peter Yim
on behalf of IAOA EC    (06)

---    (07)

Twenty First meeting of the IAOA Executive Council (EC)
Public Report (13 May 2010)    (08)

Attendees
GiancarloGuizzardi
PeterYim (scribe)
MichaelGruninger
LeoObrst
NicolaGuarino (chair)
LaureVieu
JohnBateman    (09)

A review on FOIS 2010 (11~14 May 2010, Toronto, Canada) was made. It
was decided that we will be making the slides of the keynote addresses
and the workshops available in an open area of our website. While it
was previoously decided that this year's paper-presentation slides
collected from some of the speakers will only be posted in the
members-only area of the IAOA website, our intent is that we will want
all slides to be openly available too, in the future. It should also
be noted that the complete electronic version of the FOIS Proceedings
is already accessible by our members through the IAOA website
(navigation: http://iaoa.org | Member's Area | IOS Online Access |
FAIA volumes | Volume 209, 2010 - FOIS 2010 Proceedings).    (010)

A review on the First IAOA General Assembly (face-to-face meeting - 13
May 2010, Toronto, Canada) was made. It was decided that the slides
presented at that Assembly will be posted in an open area of the IAOA
website for members as well as public access. The Public Report of
that session was adopted for release. Very constructive input on
future initiatives were received during the discussion segment of that
meeting. They are being collated, and will be discussed in more detail
in the EC meeting next week.    (011)

A discussion on the establishment of the new Advisory Board (as
adopted in the ballot) was made. It was the EC's intent that:    (012)

 * for leadership and operation continuity purposes, retiring
Presidents shall be automatically inducted into the Advisory Board for
two consecutive terms, and    (013)

 * retiring Exective Councillors shall be automatically inducted into
the Advisory Board for one term (unless the individual declines)    (014)

 * that the maximum number of Advisory Board members (previously set
at 5) be relaxed, and that the Executive Council be authorized to
determine the size of the Advisory Board.    (015)

 * the above (3 propositions) will be adopted if there is no objection
from the membership. Any member who objects to the above are requested
to post their opinion to the [iaoa-member] list within the next 14
days.    (016)

(End of the Report)
---    (017)