iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] New IAOA Web site online - Registration welcome!

To: IAOA general <iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:25:46 +0100
Dear all,    (01)

        I have the pleasure to announce that the new IAOA Web site is online at
www.iaoa.org.    (02)

        Setting up this Web site (which finally includes the membership
management system) has been the result of a genuine, more difficult than
expected international effort, resulting from the cooperation of several
people: John Bateman and the Bremen Ontology Research Group for organizational
support and Web content management, Valter Cavecchia from IFN-CNR and the
Trento-based company Doitonline.it for application form development, Sira Greco
of ISTC-CNR for administrative support, Oliver Kutz of Bremen University for
Web site design and development, Peter Yim and Shinya Yamada of CIM3 for the
web site infrastructure support, the Ontolog Forum for hosting the previous Web
site on the Ontolog collaborative work environment, and finally our treasurer,
Laure Vieu from IRIT-CNRS, for her scrupolous supervision of the membership
management process.    (03)

        You are now warmly encouraged to officially subscribe to IAOA, clicking
on "Joining IAOA". The subscription form includes a short questionnaire, please
don't be lazy filling it since the information you put there will be extremely
useful to actively involve you in the Association's activities.    (04)

        Please note that, according to our statute, new members need to be
approved by the Executive Board. So after you confirm your subscription you
will receive a message announcing that your membership request will be
processed in a few days. A subsequent message will announce you that your
payment has been received and the request approved. From this moment you will
have access to the member's area, which, among other things, will allow you
access to the Applied Ontology journal, as well as the FOIS and FOMI
proceedings. New members-only facilities are planned for the future.    (05)

        Your address will also be included in the iaoa-members mailing list (to
be announced soon), which you will be allowed to use for news and short
announcements within the Association's scope. Please note that this is not
intended as a general discussion mailing list, as we believe that the
ontolog-forum is more appropriate for this purpose.     (06)

        The address info@xxxxxxxx can be used at any time for information and
general requests.    (07)

        Welcome to IAOA!    (08)

Nicola Guarino
on behalf of the IAOA Executive Board    (09)