iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] IAOA formally established

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:30:50 +0200
Dear all,    (01)

        I have the pleasure to announce that the International Association
for Ontology and its Applications has been formally established on
April 29th. The founding assembly has confirmed the proposed temporary
Executive Council whose composition has circulated last week, namely:    (02)

Nicola Guarino, ISTC-CNR
John Bateman, University of Bremen
Stefano Borgo, ISTC-CNR
Paul Buitelaar, DERI
Antony Galton, University of Exeter
Michael Gruninger, University of Toronto
Riichiro Mizoguchi, Osaka University
Mark Musen, Stanford University
Laure Vieu, IRIT-CNRS and ISTC-CNR
Peter Yim, CIM Engineering Inc.    (03)

        Please check the www.iaoa.org web site within the next couple of
weeks for the subscription instructions, the facilities offered to
members, and the first initiatives. We count on your personal
contribution for suggesting concrete activities and start advertizing
this association. In the transition period before a subscription
system will be established, please encourage new people to express
their interest in the association by sending a message to sira.greco@xxxxxxxxxx
.    (04)

Thanks everybody for the support,    (05)

Nicola    (06)