iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] [iot] some ideas for consideration == RE: Open Disc

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Dr. Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS" <z_californianus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:12:06 -0400
On Sep 19, 2012, at 3:06 PM, Frank Loebe
<frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01)

> @All: please let me know if "contributions" of this kind are more harm- than
> helpful.
>     (02)

These are great ideas! I think this outline makes a good place to start on
getting this project up and running.    (03)

> 1.) Scope
>
> * would initially aim at
> - rather short, glossary-like definitions for look-up purposes
>   ('short' = guessing an initial target of around 10 lines/500 words)
> - augmented with references to detailed literature _plus relationship to
> that_
>     (04)

OK, but I think we should avoid, unless it's going to be obvious what the
reference is, referring to a paper, web site, etc., without information about
where to look in the resource. For instance, if referring to Smith and
Ceusters's recent paper, Ontological Realism, which is something like 70 pages
long, refer at least to a section, if not a page number.    (05)

I think we should aim to have one or two examples of the use of the term with a
brief explanation, if needed.    (06)

> 2.) Management / Infrastructure
>
> Roles/Task Sets:
> * Editor  (multiple)     (07)

I wonder if we shouldn't divide up the labor by having each editor work on a
single topic area or set of topic areas.     (08)

> I believe there should be named persons with those responsibilities/in
> charge, even if everybody is allowed to contribute to any of the respective
> aspects.    (09)

Yes...    (010)

> 3.) towards continued progress
>
> * meetings: bi-weekly or monthly meetings
> - on status
> - possibly resolving consensus problems
> - agree on infrastructure / management policies
>
> 4.) immediate next steps
>   (that would result from adopting (parts of) the above)
>
> * setup/agree on a meeting schedule
>     (011)

I'd hope we can start on this right away. How should we conduct the meetings?
Skype?     (012)

Some mechanism for making sure someone takes minutes during the meeting should
be arrived at.    (013)

------------------
Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
--