iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-council] [iaoa-education] Summer School: new website (draft)

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: IAOA council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Claudio Masolo <masolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christiane Fellbaum <fellbaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Mulligan <Kevin.Mulligan@xxxxxxxx>, Giancarlo Guizzardi <gguizzardi@xxxxxxxxx>, Luciano Serafini <serafini@xxxxxx>
From: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 02:39:53 -0400
Stefano, Claudio    (01)

The site looks very good. Some suggestions/comments:
- home: "Early registration opens on March 15 and closes on April 15.
IAOA membership is required." This is potentially ambiguous, because
it can be read as *early* registration requires IAOA membership.
Presumably all registration requires membership.
-  home: "Participation is granted based on order of registration." We
might not want to make that promise. At least my experience at
organizing workshops has been that there are reasons to not treat
every potential participant equal. One of them is that students pay
less than regular participants.
- courses: the layout of the program is confusing, in particular the
"Days 2-5 (1h45m)". Because -- at least on first glance -- it looks
like on day 2-5s there will be one course each with a duration of
1:45. Maybe the easiest solution is to delete the "(1h45m)" and just
list the subjects that are covered.
- registration: I could not see the registration option in the
member's area of my IAOA account
- venue: "By train (Ferrovie dello Stato timetable)" -- the link does
not link to a timetable but to a site where one can buy the tickets
- venue: "By taxy (Radio Taxi tel. 0461 930002)" -- typo: "taxi";
"tel. +39 461 930002"
Best
Fabian    (02)

On Mar 14, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Stefano Borgo wrote:    (03)