iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] [iaoa-council] proposal about next steps: IAOA Summ

To: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Fabian Neuhaus <fabian.neuhaus@xxxxxxxx>, "iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Werner Kuhn <werner.kuhn@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Robert Hoehndorf <leechuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:27:51 +0100
>>>>> "OLJ" == Obrst, Leo J <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx> writes:    (01)

Hi all,    (02)

sorry for the late response, I have been travelling the last weeks,
still catching up.    (03)

    OLJ> 2) Also, we'd like to make an announcement to the IAOA
    OLJ> membership that the IAOA Summer School in Applied Ontology will
    OLJ> take place, probably in July 2011, with a description of all we
    OLJ> that know at this time, i.e., the intent of the school,
    OLJ> proposed structure, venue, a bit about Vespucci and its style,
    OLJ> and of course the chairs Werner, Fabian, Antony, and Robert
    OLJ> (*** Robert, you will join the Program chairs for the summer
    OLJ> school, please? We think because you chair the doctoral/student
    OLJ> sub-committee that your input would be very valuable).    (04)

I would be happy to participate.    (05)

    OLJ> *** Werner, do you want to draft an announcement? Run it by us,
    OLJ> and once we've commented, send to the membership? We will also
    OLJ> want to announce this to the wider world.
    OLJ> For facilitators, initially I suggest you, Fabian, Antony,
    OLJ> Robert, and Brandon Bennett (based on Antony's nomination). Any
    OLJ> other nominations?    (06)

Werner, can you please elaborate a bit on what "Environment Ontology"
would include? If it is like the Environment Ontology at
http://www.environmentontology.org, it may be a good idea to invite a
biologist as one of the facilitators, or at least a strongly
biologically/biomedically oriented ontologist like Alan Rector or Robert
Stevens.    (07)

Rob.    (08)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-education/
Committee File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/Committee/Education/