health-ont

[health-ont] RE SNOMED-CT User Questionnaire ? Your participation is app

To: health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ed Dodds <dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:24:34 -0600
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:19:17 -0500
From: "C. Paul Morrey" <cpm3@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [os-wg] SNOMED-CT User Questionnaire ? Your participation is
       appreciated
To: os-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Colleagues,    (02)

We are a group of researchers from the Structural Analysis of Biomedical
Ontologies Center (SABOC) at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
conducting a survey about the current use of SNOMED-CT.  Our purpose is to
collect information as to current use in practice and research of SNOMED-CT,
as well as opinions, desires and priorities of its completeness in terms of
coverage, range of details and features. Our group conducted and published a
similar survey regarding the UMLS in 2007. (Chen Y, Perl Y, Geller J, Cimino
JJ. Analysis of a study of the users, uses, and future agenda of the UMLS. J
Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007 Mar?Apr; 14(2): 221?231.)    (03)

This survey is conducted independently of SNOMED-CT?s governing body,
IHTSDO, the NLM or any other stakeholders. Your participation is important.
We hope to collect enough responses so that we can share the results with
the rest of the informatics community. In order to do so, we plan to send
the survey utilizing multiple email lists. If you receive the survey more
than once, please accept our sincere apology. Additionally, please feel free
to forward the link below to any colleagues who might be qualified to
participate.    (04)

The survey can be found at the following link:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dC0xUjFneFBDbHEyT09EUGNXNTBlTVE6MA    (05)

The survey contains approximately 40 questions with few free text (optional)
entries, and is estimated to take about 15 minutes. Once completed, please
submit the survey using the New Jersey Institute of Technology
Submit button at the bottom of the form.    (06)

We hope for your cooperation and we thank you in advance.    (07)

Sincerely,    (08)

Dr. Yehoshua Perl, Dr. Gai Elhanan and the SABOC team    (09)

http://www.cis.njit.edu/~oohvr/SABOC/introduction.html