health-ont

[ontolog-forum] Science & Health in the 21st Century Panel Discussion -

To: "[health-ont] " <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Giora.Hadar@xxxxxxx
Cc: montgomery_mark@xxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:33:20 -0800
[Forwarding this from the KM-LIST ... thank you, Mark & Giora,
for sharing this piece with us.  =ppy]    (01)

... I just spent the last couple of hours myself viewing this
incredibly succinct rendering on what's at stake, what are the
fundamental issues, and how they can be addressed.    (02)

I would highly recommend this to everyone here. A bit long, maybe
... but worth every minute of your time!    (03)

Webcast archives at:
<http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?z1=&PopupMenu_Name=Science/Technology&CatCodePairs=Issue,ST>    (04)

//
TITLE: Science & Health in the 21st Century Panel Discussion    (05)

Research!America hosts a panel of health care experts,
pharmaceutical companies and research agencies to discuss Science
and Health in the 21st Century. David Gergen, editor-at-large,
U.S. News & World Report will moderate the panel and Ralph
Cicerone, PhD, president, National Academy of Sciences is the
keynote speaker.    (06)

3/21/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 2 hr. 15 min.

... a must-see, for those of us who want to really get to the
root of the problem.    (08)

Regards.  =ppy    (09)

P.S. A reference to EHR (electronic health records), a key issue
being addressed in the NHIN-RFI which we, as a community
responded to, was also touched upon by the panel.  =ppy
--    (010)