health-ont

RE: [health-ont] Existing ontology

To: "[health-ont] " <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chute, Christopher G., M.D." <chute@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 10:30:15 -0500

Actually, a major component of VistA found its way to become the basis of the NDF-RT (National Drug Formulary, Reference Terminology) which is now a full-rank source in the UMLS.  Sadly, the version there is somewhat out of date.  I attach a manuscript I wrote with Steve Brown from the VA, and others, which expands that source for pharmacogenomics use.  While the title emphasizes the pharmacokinetics issues, it also includes a reasonable description of the NDF-RT.

Chris