health-ont

[health-ont] Study: $95 billion spent on medical research - CNN.com - S

To: "[health-ont]" <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:18:57 -0700
fyi ...    (01)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005; Posted: 8:04 a.m. EDT (12:04 GMT)    (02)

Study: $95 billion spent on medical research
Co-author questions 'whether we're getting our money's worth'    (03)

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Total U.S. spending on medical research
has doubled in the past decade to nearly $95 billion a year,
though whether the money is being well spent needs much better
scrutiny, a study has found.    (04)

The report in Wednesday's Journal of the American Medical
Association comes amid heightened public attention to medical
research because of liability lawsuits over the painkiller Vioxx,
political debate over stem cell research and the untapped
potential of curing or preventing disease through mapping the
human genome.    (05)

... full story at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/09/20/medical.research.ap/index.html
Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/health-ont/