health-ont

RE: [health-ont] $200 Billion Price Tag for National Health Network - C

To: "'[health-ont] '" <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Elisa Kendall" <ekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:41:30 -0700
Thanks, Peter.    (01)

This reference to an "Idealized" Nationwide Health Information Network
features a focused effort to visualize a possible five year future scenario
within an economic-technical framework. It addresses several of the health
informatics issues that the Ontolog Forum of August 25th seeks to explore.    (02)

The full report in PDF format is available for $20, but the abstract
provides insights into their Delphi Scenario methodology, the particular
framework used (Kinds of software Functions such as Eligibility,
Claims,_EHR, CPOE; Kinds of Participants: (Physician Offices, Hospitals,
Skilled Nursing Facilities, Laboratories, Pharmacies) and the differences
between projected investment and requisite investments to close the gaps
between current "Interoperability Maturity levels" and model
"Interoperability Maturity levels". The data is presented in PPT format as
spreadsheet rows and column formats. But I understand that some of this
spreadsheet data is or may be available with XML Schema.    (03)

>From my limited perspective, what I see is a large role for Ontolog in
expanding the scope and utility of this study in each of the many forums on
our calendar (FCW, OMG-HL7, NCOR, Oct.25th Panel, Pilot Projects, etc.)    (04)

See http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/abstract/143/3/165    (05)

Regards,    (06)

Bob      (07)