health-ont

[health-ont] Time representation in HL7 -- Take 2

To: <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:52:37 -0500
I have looked a little further at time-related concepts in HL7 and have
revised the previous note I sent.  The current version is attached.    (01)

For those involved in HL7: I am aware that a great deal of effort has gone
into creating these specifications, and that they all have good reasons for
the way they are.  My focus is on finding a mapping that would permit these
specifications to be related to other knowledge bases organized on the basis
of a logical inheritance ontology principle, and my comments relate to that
purpose.  My acquaintance with HL7 is very short, and I may well have
misinterpreted some of the concepts.  Corrections will be appreciated.    (02)

  Pat    (03)

Patrick Cassidy
MITRE Corporation
W903 Information Discovery & Understanding
7515 Colshire Drive
McLean, VA 22102-7508
Phone: 703-883-8976
(Eatontown: 732-578-6340)