bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] Floor Plan Display Format

To: ibcomm@xxxxxxx
Cc: bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bobsmithttl@xxxxxxxxx, jim_wollbrinck@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 14:24:59 -0500
Hi - I looked up Local Law 26 amendments http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/downloads/bldgs_code/locallaw26of04.pdf and there was no information specifically about floorplans. The subjects are generally exit plans, signs, and sprinkler systems particularly concerned with office buildings and sleeping rooms.

The ICC International Code Council lists the following here

Architectural plans and specifications to include:

a. Description of uses and the proposed use group(s) for all portions of the

building. The design approach for mixed-uses (as applicable).

b. Proposed type of construction of the building.

c. Fully dimensioned drawings to determine areas and building height.

d. Adequate details and dimensions to evaluate means of egress, including

occupant loads for each floor, exit arrangement and sizes, corridors, doors,

stairs, etc.

e. Exit signs/means of egress lighting, including power supply.

f. Accessibility scoping provisions.

g. Description and details of proposed special occupancies such as a covered

mall, high-rise, mezzanine, atrium, public garage, etc.

h. Adequate details to evaluate fireresistive construction requirements, including

data substantiating required ratings.

i. Details of plastic, insulation, and safety glazing installation.

j. Details of required fire protection systems.

It may be worth looking into ANSI/BOMA standard ANSI/BOMA Z65.1 Standard Method for Measuring Floor Area in Office Buildings. I briefly looked at the National CAD Standard and some other CSI, AIA but the main focus is layer guidelines rather than content.