bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] Colors

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kimon Onuma" <ko@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:54:35 -0400
Hi BSP and Kimon Onuma -

I've been working on the colors for the code templates. It was an obvious choice to use red for the fire station but all 10 facility types got a little tougher.  Please see the attached if you think these colors make sense. This sheet is a bit of a mess but at least there is an overview of everything at once. The colors have no relationship whatsoever with colors used in the models or BIMstorm overall maps in Google Earth. Maybe there could be more of a relationship, or at some point certain use groups and colors could correspond but for now, the selection is completely arbitrary. An explanation of the color rationale and some examples of other color selection techniques are written up here for now http://accuracyandaesthetics.com/1025

More information about the building models and architects will be provided on what I'm currently calling a "Fact Sheet" to be developed for each building after I talk with people at WDG. In general, the plan is to have the OCCS11 and facility type large on the top, the code template running down the left side, an image or two of the building model, then the WDG discussion will center around pinning down:
Use Group
Construction Type
Building Services
Special Materials or Spaces