RE: [ontolog] ontology tools and an ontology repository?

To: "'ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Lee, Shiang-Yu" <shiang-yu.lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:56:29 -0800
Yes, Adam,    (01)

That's precisely what I mean. It can be imbedded in the XML stream for
Horse.    (02)

This approach keeps the very powerful encoding of KIF in the same registry
but does not interfere with other parts of the registry function. The only
problem I see would be for keeping the XML and KIF definitions in sync. But
that does not seem too big a problem as creating the KIF definition is quite
a specialized process for experts any way.    (03)

The XML or other form of the registry would allow common folks to easily
grasp what is defined. On the other hand, when an ontology is completed, it
is very easy to parse and isolate the KIF code out from the XML file, using
XSL/XSLT.    (04)

Shiang-yu Lee, Ph. D.
Architecture and eBusiness, Information Systems
Boeing Commercial Airplanes    (05)

P.O. Box 3707,  M/S 2R-97
Seattle, WA 98124-2207
(206)-544-5252 (phone)