[uos-convene] Communique - Goals of the UOS

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:04:07 -0800

We need to have some description of the goals of the Joint Communique,
and perhaps a provisional outline of content. Is this meant to be a few
sentences? A few paragraphs? A few pages? in length?    (01)

Here are some comments:
*       It is very important to agree on a set of target capabilities or
intended benefits for UOs. That could be an outcome of the meeting, and
go into the communique.
*       I agree that a maturity assessment (e.g. TRL) should be made for
each category of capability.
*       Getting agreement from everyone to sign the comunique may be
challenging.
*       Custodians of various UOs to come to consensus on what exactly?
There is considerable diversity and years worth of heated discussions,
how much consensus can be expected?  Witness the recent 'here we go
again' thread between MattW and BarryS.
*       What would an ideal outcome of consensus be?    (02)

Mike
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (03)