Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Martin S. Weber" <martin.weber@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:18:43 -0400
Gunther Schadow wrote:
> Friends, after today's meeting and following this discussion,
> I think it's a critical decision to set a scope for this
> project. Do you want to define units or quantities?     (01)

As has come up in the discussion itself, too, units are not meaningful without
quantities. If you do not have a proper representation of "kind of quantity"
(per VIM) then you'll never know if two things are comparable. In the light of
UCUM this might be acceptable, but in the light of a units of measure standard
*ontology* I don't see how this can ever be left out.    (02)

Regards,    (03)

-Martin    (04)