[oor-forum] OOR Funding Workshop-II - Tue 2012.08.21

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:15:47 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_21    (01)

= REMINDER =    (02)

Topic: "Rethinking our Funding Strategy" - Brainstorm Session    (03)

Session Chairs: Ken Baclawski    (04)

This is a reminder that we will be having our Open Ontology Repository
(OOR) Funding" Workshop-II (brainstorm session) tomorrow, Tue
2012.08.21 ... RSVP now (details below!)    (05)

While the core OOR team has kept the momentum on the Open Ontology
Repository Initiative going ever since it begun in early 2008 (Big
THANKS, Everyone!), the overall OOR initiative, has not had any
funding even up to now, and had relied totally on volunteered effort.
The progress on OOR could have been more expedient and predictable, if
the entire initiative, and some of the core work, has some sort of
funding to allow it to engage resources for getting things done when
needed.    (06)

This is a renewed effort on getting the OOR funded. KenBaclawski, who
co-lead an earlier proposal effort will continue to provide leadership
and help facilitate the process.    (07)

We will use this workshop to strategize and brainstorm on how we
should approach this very important question going forward. We will
not confine ourselves to seeking research grants (as we had,
predominantly, before) but will try to look at any and all opportunity
or possibility that would help fund and make the OOR Initiative
deliver the mission it had set out to accomplish.    (08)