[oor-forum] Proceedings: OOR Team Conference Call - Tue 2011.12.13

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:55:02 -0800
I am writing to let everyone know that the full proceedings of today's
session are now available online - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_12_13#nid30S1    (01)

In particular ...    (02)

1.  Thanks to all the people who contributed to make this happen -
folks from NCBO/Stanford, CIM3, NEU, Raytheon-BBN, ... etc. - the
upgraded instance of the OOR Sandbox is now online at:
http://oor-03.cim3.net/    (03)

2.  The team will continue to do various customization and testing,
through the rest of this month, and is expected to start with a
"content drive" once we return from the Holidays ... to get everyone
to upload ontologies (back) in to the OOR sandbox again.
Any who wants to help with the testing are welcome to do so too (if
you are willing to to patient, and to provide feedback on any
irregularities that you have discovered in the mean time.) ... So, get
ready to upload your ontologies to the upgraded OOR!    (04)

3.  Since some folks are still on vacation, do note that we will not
be having our regular OOR Team meeting on the first Tuesday of
Jan-2012 (as usual), but instead, our January team meeting is now
scheduled for Tue 10-Jan-2012 - see session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_10
... RSVP now!    (05)

4.  Please mark you calendars also for the next metadata event - OOR
Metadata Workshop-V - Chaired by Michael Gruninger. Invited to join us
that day will be a panel from the (NIH) Ontology Representation
Working Group (ORWG), Harold Solbrig, Sherri De Coronado and Brian
Davis, who will share with us their recent studies related to ontology
metadata. The date is Tuesday 17-Jan-2012 - it will be a 1.5~2.0 hour
session, starting 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST / 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC
- details will start showing up on the developing session page will be
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_17    (06)

Apart from the behind-the-scene work mentioned above, this will be the
last team meeting of the year.    (07)

We'll talk to you all in January; ... in the mean time, Happy Holidays!    (08)

Best wishes! =ppy    (09)

For and on behalf of
Members of the OOR Initiative
--    (010)