Dear All, (01)
Thanks to the leadership of MichaelGruninger and all who participated,
we had a very productive meeting today. (02)
The full proceedings (slides, audio, transcript and all) are in the
archives and available online now
- see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18 (03)
In particular, we left with three (3) take-aways: (04)
1. (near term) to review Ken's use cases to validate the adequacy of OMV.
- Action Item 1: Evaluate the adequacy of OMV with respect to the OOR
use cases at http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/kenb/ontologies/ (05)
2. (urgent) drive the OOR sandbox to production-box transition.
- Action Item 2: Focus on issues related to "production" OOR,
particularly the gatekeeper functionality. (06)
3. (medium term) we need research, discuss, and sought expert advice
on state-of-art on versioning, identifier, etc.
- we might want to schedule a panel session to delve into this.
- we can schedule another "OOR Metadata Workshop" in about a month or
so as a follow-up. (07)
For next week we will be having the "OOR Architecture API
Workshop-III" on Fri 2011.03.25
* Date: Fri 2011.03.25
* Start time: 6:00am PDT / 9:00am EDT / 2:00pm CET / 1:00pm GMT / 13:00 UTC
* see developing session page is at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl? (08)
After that we will have a regular OOR team meeting on Fri 2011.04.01
* Date: Fri 2011.04.01
* Start time: 6:00am PDT / 9:00am EDT / 3:00pm CEST / 2:00pm BST / 13:00 UTC (09)
Thanks & regards. =ppy
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18
> = REMINDER: =
> Please be advised that the OOR Metadata Workshop-I is coming up this
> Friday, 18-Mar-2011. The session will be chaired by Professor Michael
> Gruninger (U of Toronto.)
> This is another very important series of workshops for the OOR team,
> and, again, I urged all those who will be contributing code
> (developing the platform and tools for OOR), as well as those who will
> be contributing content (uploading ontologies to be hosted by an OOR
> instance), to come join us at this workshop (series).
> = Date/Time and Call Details: =
> * Date: Friday, 18-Mar-2011
> * Start Time: 9:00am EDT / 6:00am PDT / 2:00pm CET / 1:00pm GMT / 13:00 UTC
> o ref: World Clock -
> * Expected Call Duration: 1.5~2.0 Hour(s)
> * Dial-in Number:
> o from US: +1-218-844-8060 (domestic long distance cost will apply)
> + Conference ID: "4389979#"
> o ... more dial-in numbers (from Europe) will be available on the session
> * In-session chat-room url: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor_20110318/
> One idea is to use the currently published OMV as a baseline/strawman,
> and discuss what metadata would we need to capture for the OOR. If you
> have more ideas, send them in through this thread or add it directly
> to the wiki (under "Agenda Ideas".)
> The developing session page with call details, agenda, etc. for this meeting
> at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18
> If you cannot join us, please send us your input to us via this thread
> so we can incorporate that into the discussion.
> RSVP ... add your name to the expected attendee list on the session
> page or email me offline.
> Talk to you all this Friday (Mar-18.)
> Thanks & regards. =ppy
> for the Workshop Chair
> and the OOR team
Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/
Shared Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/
Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository (012)