Re: [oor-forum] OOR Metadata Workshop-I - Fri 2011.03.18

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:35:20 -0700
Dear All,    (01)

Thanks to the leadership of MichaelGruninger and all who participated,
we had a very productive meeting today.    (02)

The full proceedings (slides, audio, transcript and all) are in the
archives and available online now
- see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18    (03)

In particular, we left with three (3) take-aways:    (04)

1. (near term) to review Ken's use cases to validate the adequacy of OMV.
- Action Item 1: Evaluate the adequacy of OMV with respect to the OOR
use cases at http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/kenb/ontologies/    (05)

2. (urgent) drive the OOR sandbox to production-box transition.
- Action Item 2: Focus on issues related to "production" OOR,
particularly the gatekeeper functionality.    (06)

3. (medium term) we need research, discuss, and sought expert advice
on state-of-art on versioning, identifier, etc.
- we might want to schedule a panel session to delve into this.
- we can schedule another "OOR Metadata Workshop" in about a month or
so as a follow-up.    (07)

For next week we will be having the "OOR Architecture API
Workshop-III" on Fri 2011.03.25