Re: [oor-forum] OpenOntologyRepository Team Conference Call - Wed 2008.0

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:39:43 -0800
All,    (01)

Great meeting today!  Appreciations to all who attended and provided
invaluable suggestions and input. The proceedings can now be found
under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_02_13#nid19IG    (02)

In particular,    (03)

0. we discussed how we can differentiate and optimize on the two
parallel efforts, namely, OOR and OntologySummit2008. In a nutshell,
OOR is a working group, and OntologySummit2008 should be a discussion
platform that can help us get a lot of our questions answered. see
details in the proceedings (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_02_13#nid19IZ).    (04)

1. we still need team members to populate their own entries onto the
OOR/ActiveMemberContribution page
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ActiveMemberContribution
).    (05)

2. we are forming a resources sub-committee that might start
championing our approach towards getting this effort funded, and to
work on a generic proposal that could be later customized for specific
presentations and submissions. We'll be starting a thread on the
[oor-forum] to further explore this, and will hope to come to closure
by the next call.    (06)

3. we will be holding a 2-Hr. panel discussion on Thu 28-Feb-2008;
starting 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST / 18:30 UTC to explore the landscape
in OOR-related technologies and infrastructures out there (mainly
those championed by members of this team) that we might align through
the course of this initiative, and that of the OntologySummit2008.
Off-hand, we will try to feature folks from current efforts at XMDR,
ebXML RegRep, BioPortal/CODS, DAML, W3C/SemanticWeb ... I invite
suggestions from the team here on who else we should include in the
panel. The format will be (i) short briefing from each panelist (10~15
min.) and then an extended discussion on how we see them all fit into
the OOR effort.    (07)

4. We need to discuss on what we are planning to bring, as a member,
to OntologySummit2008 ... and, in particular, some tangible
deliverable, by the 28~29-Apr-2008 workshop. Again, we'll be starting
a thread on the [oor-forum] to further explore this, and will hope to
come to closure by the next call.    (08)

5. The next call is scheduled for Wed 2008.03.05 - 12:00pm EST /
9:00am PST / 17:00 GMT/UTC (~1.5 Hr.)    (09)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (010)