Re: [oor-forum] Kickoff conference call for the Content Committee - Mond

To: ray@xxxxxxxx, OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Frank Olken <folken@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:25:49 -0800
Steve,    (01)

I am very interested in the proposed topic for the Ontology Summit.
Of the proposed meeting times:    (02)

       Friday -    possibly doable but not good
       Monday - best time for me
       Wed   -    I have a conflict at this time    (03)

I expect to attend the Ontology Summit on April 28-29, 2008.    (04)

                            Frank Olken    (05)

Steve Ray wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                 Those of you who participated in the Ontology Summit planning
> meeting held on January 22nd (see
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_22)  will know
> that at that call we agreed to create two committees to help shape the Summit
>of
> 2008: a Content Committee and a Logistics Committee. The Content Committee
>will
> concern itself with fleshing out the different aspects and issues surrounding
> the main theme of the Summit (
> <http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_22#nid17QF>
> "Toward an Open Ontology Repository"), while the Logistics Committee will work
> on setting up and launching the on-line discussions on those topics as well as
> other threads such as the previous Summits, culminating in this year's face to
> face meeting scheduled for April 28-29, 2008 in Gaithersburg, MD.
>

> As the subject line implies, this email is to find a good time for a kickoff
> conference call for people who would like to participate in the Content
> Committee and help to shape the discussion around an open ontology repository.
> Here are some proposed alternatives for such a call:
>

> A)     Friday, February 1, 1:30-3:00pm EST
>
> B)      Monday, February 4, 11:30am-1:00pm EST
>
> C)      Wednesday, February 6, 11:30am-1:00pm EST
>

> Please reply with your preferences on these three choices, and I will try to
> pick the best time.
>

> In preparation for the call, you may want to check out a strawman set of
>topics
> at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/Idea#nid18BA.
>

> Steven R. Ray, Chief
>
> Manufacturing Systems Integration Division
>
> National Institute of Standards & Technology
>
> Phone: (301) 975-3524
>
> Fax: (301) 258-9749
>
> Email:  <mailto:ray@xxxxxxxx> ray@xxxxxxxx
>
> Web:  <http://www.nist.gov/msid> http://www.nist.gov/msid

--     (07)

                Frank Olken    (08)

Program Director
National Science Foundation
Computer & Information Science & Engineering Directorate
Intelligent Information Systems Division
Information Integration and Informatics Cluster
Suite 1125
4201 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22230    (09)

Email:  folken@xxxxxxx