oor-dev

[oor-dev] Fwd: Re: [bioontology-support] Bioportal installation

To: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 04:20:06 -0700

Fyi ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Paul R Alexander" <palexander@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Aug 20, 2012 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] Bioportal installation
To: "Konstantinos Giannoutakis" <kgiannou@xxxxxx>
Cc: "support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Konstantinos,

We don't support installing the software without the use of our Appliance. However, the all of NCBO's software is open source so you can definitely give it a shot. Here's information on the main pieces of software that we write. You'll also need Tomcat, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, and 4store.

https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/bioportal_core/scmsvn/?action="">
https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/bioportalui/scmsvn/?action="">
https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/obs/scmsvn/?action="">

There should be some documentation in the /docs/ folder of each repository.

Paul R Alexander
Senior Software Engineer
NCBO BioPortal