oor-dev

[oor-dev] ontology categories

To: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:20:43 -0500
As part of the planned upcoming update to the sandbox, it would be good to
change the set of available ontology categories.    (01)

At the least, we in SOCoP would like to have a new Geospatial category.    (02)

We probably also want much less specificity in the biomedical domain than
BioPortal has.    (03)

Some additional categories that might be helpful include Upper Ontologies,
Standards, Science, Financial, Government, Cultural, etc.    (04)

I recall some earlier discussion about how categories were implemented
(possibly related to federation), but don't remember the details.    (05)

Thanks!    (06)

        Mike    (07)