oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] Testing the OOR Rest services

To: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Natasha Noy <noy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:26:30 -0800
Yavuz,    (01)

> Get latest version of an ontology:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/ontology/13
> Result: Failed.  Should bring the only version for this ontology.    (02)

Try
http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/13    (03)

> List all ontology groups: http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/groups
> Result: Failed.  Are there any groups in OOR?    (04)

Most likely, no.    (05)

> List all views: http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/views
> Result: Failed.  Are there any views in OOR?    (06)

Most likely, no.    (07)

> Get all versions of view from ontology id:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/views/versions/13
> Result: Failed.  Probably a natural extension of the previous example.    (08)

yes.    (09)

> Get concept for latest version:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/ontology/4/PepperTopping
> Result: Failed.
>
> Get concept for latest ontology version id:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/ontology/4/PepperTopping
> Result: Failed.    (010)

You are talking to the old oor instance that uses the old signatures.
For that instance, you should use ../bioportal/virtual/4
(same problem as above -- see my first comment)    (011)

> Get all concepts using the specific ontology version id:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/concepts/4/all
> Result: Failed.
>
> Get all concepts using the virtual ontology id:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/ontology/4/all
> Result: Failed.
>
> Get parents/children of a given concept in a specific ontology
> version:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/concepts/parents/4/PepperTopping
> Result: Failed.
>
> Get parents/children of a given concept in the latest version of a
> given ontology:
>http://oor-01.cim3.net:8080/bioportal/virtual/parents/4/PepperTopping
> Result: Failed.
>
> I'm assuming that the ontologies have not been processed for
> hierarchy services, so I will not continue testing these services.    (012)

Indeed, that's the case. The hierarchy services won't currently work
on OOR.    (013)

Hope this helps,    (014)

Natasha    (015)