[ontology-summit] Community Brainstorm & Planning for the #OntologySummi

To: Ontology Summit 2010 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:50:33 -0800
This is a *REMINDER* ... RSVP if you haven't yet!
--    (01)

Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_11_05    (02)

*Ontology Summit 2010*: "*Creating the Ontologists of the Future*"    (03)

As we have done, for the past four years, we are now working on
putting together the next ontology summit. Co-organized by NIST,
Ontolog, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA along with other co-organizers and
co-sponsors (to be announced) we will be putting a focus on how we can
meet the growing need for ontology expertise and thus for new methods
and institutions for the training of ontologists.    (04)

We invite you to join us at a community-wide brainstorming & planning
session to define the scope and approach, and solicit your personal
involvement in helping drive this very strategic agenda called out in
the theme of this next Ontology Summit.    (05)

This summit will (at the least) continue to take the format of: (a)
three months of online discourse by the community of summit
participants (via the [ontolog-summit] archived mailing list), plus
(b) several virtual talks and panel discussions over the same period
of time (via augmented conference calls), which then culminate into
(c) a two-day face-to-face workshop at NIST (Gaithersburg, Maryland,
US) and (d) the release of a joint "Communique" by the summit
participants. [ Repeat: this is *not* a 2-day conference, but rather a
series of virtual and real events that span the next 3-months after
the Summit kick-off event. ]    (06)

To help focus our efforts and help people plan their work  calendars,
several things have already been (pretty much) locked-in:    (07)

  o  the theme and challenge for this Summit will be in: "Creating the
Ontologists of the Future"    (08)

  o  our Launch Event has been scheduled for Thu 2009.12.10; it will
be a 1.5-hour virtual session starting at 18:30 UTC (the regular
Ontolog event slot)    (09)

  o  the 2-day face-to-face workshop at NIST (Gaithersburg, Maryland,
US) will be on Mon~Tue 15 & 16-March-2010    (010)

  o  except for the above, plans are wide open ... and we need your
ideas and input    (011)

We will be holding this community-wide brainstorming & planning
session (conference call) next Thursday 5-Nov-2009 (i.e. tomorrow.)    (012)

*Conference Call details*:    (013)