Re: [ontology-summit] [uom-ontology-std] UoM ontology standard - a propo

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx, uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2009 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:32:36 -0400
Ed,    (01)

Those are interesting points, but I'm leaving on a trip this evening,
and I can't spend the time to discuss them.    (02)

Following are the slides for a 3 hour tutorial I'll be presenting:    (03)

    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/cnl4ss.pdf
    Controlled Natural Languages for Semantic Systems    (04)

These slides are still under development, but they outline the direction
that I believe the technology will or should progress.  (And I believe
that it will eventually go in that direction, independently of whether
or not people try to facilitate it or fight it.)    (05)

John    (06)

PS:  My service provider was having a bit of a problem, and if you don't
get the slides on the first or second try, give up.  Then try again
tomorrow.    (07)