[ontology-summit] Paola's IPR issues [was - Fwd: IPR questions relating

To: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 05:53:24 -0700
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:02 AM,  <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
to John Bateman, in a message under subject: "Ontolog IPR issues"
> John
>
>  ...[snip]...
>
>  I dont know how long you have been on this list (do you remember the
>  date when you joined?) but yes please study the archives
>  to understand  on the dynamics and chronology  of the open ontology
>  and subsequent oor discussions that are being contended on this thread
>
>  ...[snip]...
>
>  cheers
>  PDM    (01)

Paola, yes ... "please study the archives" and do your research. More
importantly, substantiate your claims. My recent posts in response to
your issues were evidently not read, or not understood.    (02)

Let me say this here, plainly ... and you, and anyone else, can quote me on it:    (03)

1.   PaolaDiMaio has no copyrights on the label "open ontology"    (04)

I'm not picking on you, in fact, no one has copyrights on the label
"open ontology" (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-05/msg00018.html#nid039
)    (05)

2.  PaolaDiMaio has copyrights on the page content at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=PaolaDiMaio/Towards_OpenOntology&revision=5
timestamped: January 29, 2007 23:41 PST
... however, no one I know of, including those involved in the OOR
Initiative, in the OntologySummit2008 process or at Ontolog, that I
know of, has infringed on her copyrights. ... because, to constitute
infringement, that person needs to have plagiarized your work on that
abovementioned page, and no one I know has yet done it.    (06)

I will stop here, stick to the two claims above, and ignore further
input from you until you have done your due diligence and substantiate
your claims. After that, see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-05/msg00020.html#nid035    (07)

Regards.  =ppy    (08)

P.S. by the way, you have yet to comply with my request per:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-05/msg00020.html#nid026    (09)

P.P.S. by the way, John's involvement with Ontolog also happens to
pre-date your Jan.2007 date. See, for example, his contribution at our
(2006) Upper Ontology Summit -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit/UosJointCommunique
--    (010)