[ontology-summit] Proceedings: "Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Exp

To: "Ontology Summit 2008" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 19:45:30 -0800
We had another awesome panel discussion on Thursday 2008.04.03.
Entitled: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &
Requirements - Session-2," that was the 2nd part of the two part where
we had the fortune of bringing together some of the top experts,
researchers and content custodians, to help us explore what needs to
be built into an Open Ontology Repository to allow it to be useful,
coming from a very diverse set of vantage points. The seven panelists'
briefings were exquisite. The discussion that ensued, conducted
synchronously over the conference call and the online instant message
chat session, brought out further ideas and exchanges that were all
very useful and pertinent to the discourse.    (01)

The proceedings, including the slides, transcripts of the chat
session, the audio archive (in downloaded mp3, as well as podcast) are
all available now. See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_04_03    (02)

"Thank You!" to everyone who was there, for another great session!    (03)

We'll look forward to see you all again next Thursday fort the final
virtual OOR-Panel session before the Apr. 28~29 face-to-face workshop.
On that Thu 2008.04.10 panel session, we will be covering the topic:
"Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR." ... Don't miss it!    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

for and on behalf of the session organizers and co-chairs,    (06)

   Peter Yim (Ontolog; CIM3)
   Leo Obrst (Ontolog; MITRE)
   Fabian Neuhaus (NIST)
   Barry Smith (NCOR; SUNY)