Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Framework Draft Statement for the Ontolog

To: Ontology Summit 2007 Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Charles D Turnitsa <CTurnits@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:25:48 -0400
John,

 Yes, it works very well for me when a conversational (i.e. - something informal) definition is all I need - such as when doing a motivational presentation or introducing the idea of ontology to a new audience.  But I agree that it certainly won't do as a formal definition.

 For the record, I do like the definition from Merriam-Webster that was quoted earlier.  As a community, it seems as if it would  be better to come up with our own definition, but only if we can improve on what is already out there.

Chuck

Charles Turnitsa
Project Scientist
Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center
Old Dominion University Research Foundation
(757) 638-6315 (voice)
cturnits@xxxxxxx