Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology communities

To: Ontology Summit 2007 Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: abond@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 04:35:39 -0500

Further thoughts:    (01)

1. There can be more than one language, and more than one
theoretical approach, used by the same ontological community.    (02)

2. In practice, people use more than one theory, and
for each different situation will use the theory that
seems to match best and to capture their intuition
about the situation, and to develop answers and new
insights.
However, these theories are often mutually inconsistent.    (03)

3. I guess I would like to develop some ideas for grounding
ontological concepts in a social and empirical framework.
There will be issues and problems arising in practice
and these need to be addressed by theoreticians. Theoretical
ideas need to be validated by practice.    (04)

Alan    (05)