ontology-based-standards

[ontology-based-standards] "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series sessio

To: ontology-based-standards <ontology-based-standards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:51:04 -0800
.
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_11_07    (01)

You are cordially invited to join us this Thursday (Nov7) at the
Ontology-based Standards mini-series panel session-6, when we will be
focusing on Ontology-based Financial Standards.    (02)

= Ontology-based Standards mini-series session-6 - Thu 2013-11-07 =    (03)

Session Co-chairs:
Mr. Mike Bennett (EDM Council) & Prof. William McCarthy (Michigan State)    (04)

Topic: Ontology-based Financial Standards: Some Ongoing Work    (05)

== Abstract ==    (06)

As with the recent session-04: The Case for a "Quantities and Units of
Measure" Ontology Standard and session-05: "Ontology-based Standards
in Geospatial Domains", this is a continuation of the
OntologyBasedStandards mini-series that was started in late 2012 as a
collaborative effort by ONTOLOG, IAOA, OASIS, OMG, various ISO working
groups and the OOR Initiative. This session, is part of a program of 8
topics which are planned to be held over the remaining time in 2013,
and partly in 2014.    (07)

At this session, we will be providing an introduction and overview
into some current and developing financial industry standards, where
ontologies and their applications are involved - using the FIBO
conceptual framework to align across standards semantics; ISO 15944
transaction semantics; regulatory reporting with semantics; Regulatory
ontology applications, etc. Briefings by the panel will be followed by
Q & A and an open discussion of issues.    (08)

Please also refer to the "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series
homepage at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyBasedStandards    (09)

See details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_11_07    (010)

RSVP now! (ref. details below.)    (011)

******    (012)

These sessions, like all Ontolog virtual events, are open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may have
something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event details on
the session pages, to which the hyperlink is given above, where you
will find session agenda, conference call dial-in, slides and other
pertinent information. Feel free to pass this invitation along to
colleagues who may also find these sessions to be of interest.    (013)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add
yourself directly to the session page if you are already an Ontolog
community member) so that we can prepare enough resources to support
everyone. [Please state clearly the date of the session you are
registering for in your email; your affiliation too, if you are not a
community member.]    (014)

These sessions will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (015)

Regards.  =ppy    (016)

For the Session Co-champions
Mike Bennett,  Bill McCarthy & Elie Abi-Lahoud    (017)

... along with other co-champions of
the Ontology-based Standards mini-series
--    (018)