[ontolog-forum] ONTOLOG forum podcast

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: mmaximilien@xxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:58:23 -0800

Hi,

1) Podcast available on ONTOLOG forum Wiki.

http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/podcast/ontolog-podcast.xml

2) Modified Wiki homepage to announce --- feel free to edit, add images, or change text

3) Added all 2005 episodes -- I will gradually add more as time permits

4) Registered podcast with iTunes and Yahoo podcast -- soon you will be able to search and subscribe directly from these sites

5) Tried RSS feed on iTunes and Safari --- works fine

6) Removed RSS feed from my site

Thanks to Peter Yim for various assistance and making this happen.  Send me and Peter any feedback or better yet respond to this email.

If you have problem using then let me know.  Take care,

E. M. (Max) Maximilien, Ph.D.
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA
maxim@xxxxxxxxxx
Homepage: http://maximilien.org

----- Forwarded by Michael Maximilien/Almaden/IBM on 01/25/2006 12:53 PM -----
Michael Maximilien/Almaden/IBM

01/19/2006 12:11 PM

"[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
ONTOLOG forum podcast (beta)

Hi,

Due to various constraints (overlapping meetings and customer visits) I have been missing the recent forum meetings so on the plane from Boulder I thought about creating a podcast (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast ) for  the forum.

So I am announcing the availability of the podcast as beta to get your feedback and also because I have not added all of the episodes posted on the Wiki yet.

I am assuming also that WE as a community are OK with adding a podcast of the ONTOLOG forum in addition to the Wiki.  If you disagree then please let me know ASAP.

See => http://maximilien.org/podcasts/ontolog-forum/ontolog-podcast.xml

Open the URL in iTunes from Podcasts section (or other podcast media player) et voilas!

So now I can manage my missed episodes, view summary and other info, and importantly download to my iPod for listening on the plane rides :-)

Few things I am considering and TODOs (me and you):

1) I posted the podcast XML on my Web site (ONLY temporarily).  I need access to the ONTOLOG server to post it there instead.  So Peter or anyone who has access please call me or send to me privately.  I am OK also to send you the XML and you post it.

2) I took great time to cut and paste and edit the contents, details, and semantics for the current episodes from the Wiki but I may have some mistakes/typos.  Please let me know.

3) Once we post to the ONTOLOG server then I will publish (unless the community disagrees) the podcast in iTunes and Yahoo! Podcasts for easy search and subscription.

4) Test in various players and podcast managers.  I am using iTunes on a Mac.

5) If there is an image for the ONTOLOG forum community I can add that so it displays in the podcast managers (i.e., iTunes)

6) Anything else...

Any feedback is appreciated.  If you want to help add the remaining episodes or suggestions then reply to this or contact me.