Re: [ontolog-forum] XML-Journal - XML, Ontologies, and the Semantic Web

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jackpark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:38:50 -0800
At 05:36 AM 2/14/2003, The XML article wrote:
If [computer networking] were a traditional science, Berners-Lee would win a Nobel Prize," Eric Schmidt, CEO of Novell, once commented.

I would comment that there are really three names (actually more than that) and they are Douglas Engelbart, Ted Nelson, and Tim B-L, and I don't think it's a science prize that's called for, rather the Peace Prize. I'm of the opinion that if there is ever to be peace on this planet, it will probably come by way of people telling their stories on the Web.

Jack

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley. Jack Park, Editor. Sam Hunting, Technical Editor

Build smarter kids globally to reduce the need for smarter bombs.