[ontolog] ontology paper/project URL repository?

To: Ontolog-forums-cim3-net <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:42:27 -0500
All,    (01)

We would like to initiate an ontology paper/project URL repository --
and minimize user and maintainer work: sometimes an impossible dream!
This is NOT (yet) the ontology repository we've discussed in the past.
We want to start off small.    (02)

RATIONALE: We'd like to create a web interface so that you can enter
your favorite or recommended ontology papers focused on particular
areas. We'd like you to be able to CATEGORIZE the paper you recommend,
enter it's url. We'd like you to COMMENT on/REVIEW/DESCRIBE that paper
for our membership. We'd like to have others comment/review on that
paper too.    (03)

To that end, we invite COMMENT from the membership: do you KNOW about or    (04)

do you HAVE or do you ADVOCATE a simple method/system for inputting (NOT    (05)

golf) web-entries to create a taxonomic classification of
documents/projects in the ontology space (or something that could be
applied to the ontology space)? We don't want to RE-INVENT the wheel.
That's one of the important points about ontologies, no? REUSE! We
invite suggestions. Tool experiences, ideas, comments: all are welcome.    (06)

Thanks,
Leo
Dr. Leo Obrst  The MITRE Corporation
mailto:lobrst@xxxxxxxxx Intelligent Information Management/Exploitation
Voice: 703-883-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S W640
Fax: 703-883-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA    (07)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found