[ontolog] [Fwd: [protege-discussion] ANN: Survey: Visualization Techniqu

To: Ontolog-forums-cim3-net <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:33:12 -0500
FYI.    (01)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [protege-discussion] ANN: Survey: Visualization Techniques for
Ontologies
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:22:34 -0800
From: "Neil Ernst" <nernst@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Protege Discussion'" <protege-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'RDF
interest'" <www-rdf-interest@xxxxxx>    (02)

The SHriMP lab at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, has for
some time been working on visualization of ontologies, in the form of a
tool called Jambalaya.  This is implemented as a tab plug-in to the
Protege ontology editor (from Stanford University, protege.stanford.edu
).  We have recently released version 1.5 of this tool (available at
<http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca> http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca).      (03)

In conjunction with our research, we are conducting a preliminary survey
of ontology visualizations to aid in future development of the tool.
The survey is a web-based form which takes approximately 5 minutes to
complete. Questions are focused on individual experience with
ontologies, as well as the usefulness of visual support for ontology
work. The survey is online at:    (04)

 <http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca/jamb-survey.htm>
http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca/jamb-survey.htm    (05)

We greatly appreciate any time you might have for giving feedback.    (06)

the SHriMP team
 <mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (07)