[ontolog] Re: Ontology Approach [was Re: [soul] Minutes from the UBL-LC

From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:14:06 -0700
Subject:  Re: Ontology Approach [was Re: [soul] Minutes from the
UBL-LCSCMinneapolis Meeting
(6/3-6/7/02)]
Date:  Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:07:40 -0700
From:  "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  Monica Martin <mmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Michael Adcock <Michael.Adcock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kurt Conrad
<conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
soul-talk@xxxxxxxx    (01)

Monica,    (02)

Thank you for the input, and for sharing your findings. I believe I have done
my share of advocacy
and should just cool-off for a while.    (03)

Moving to an ontological approach requires the kind of paradigm shift which the
UBL team (at least
those in control) is not ready to commit to, at least for now. I respect that,
and accept that it
is even possible that that could be a wise move -- although I, personally,
can't agree to the
latter as being the case. I believe UBL will, or will have to, come around to
the ontological
approach some day, or else they won't have the stuff to back their namesake
claim.    (04)

If you feel strongly enough, do share your findings and thoughts with the rest
of the group (these
are your findings in the first place, no less). And, good luck!    (05)

Thanks,
PPY