ontoiop-forum

[ontoiop-forum] ontoiop_20140702: Chat Transcript

To: OntoIOp open discussion <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Till Mossakowski <mossakow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 18:02:39 +0200
Chat transcript from room: ontoiop_20140702
2014-07-02 GMT-08:00
[08:04] TillMossakowski: == discussion of sections 7 and 8 ==
[08:04] TillMossakowski: OMS provide formal descriptions the scope of which ranges from domain knowledge and activities
[08:06] TillMossakowski: what is the plural of OMS? OMSs?
[08:07] TillMossakowski: better: we use OMS for both the singular and the plural
[08:08] FabianNeuhaus: OMS provide formal descriptions, which scope ranges from domain knowledge and activities
[08:08] TillMossakowski: this particular sentence is improved to "An OMS provides formal descriptions the scope of which ranges ..."
[08:11] TillMossakowski: Maria's comments: agreed to comments on p.26
[08:15] TillMossakowski: p.27 top: do we have a reference for geographcial data sets?
[08:21] ChristophLange1: Sorry, dropped my connection 3 minutes ago, now back
[08:23] TillMossakowski: p.29: add some example involving UML class diagrams, e.g. consistency of the class diagram (no conflicting number restrictions)
[08:25] TillMossakowski: cooperating state machines: mention that their cooperation is specified by a composite structure diagram
[08:27] TillMossakowski: grammar monster says: put a comma before "e.g.", but after it only in some cases (in other cases, use a colon).
[08:29] TillMossakowski: p.31: Within the DOL framework, existing OMSs in conforming established languages such as OWL or Common Logic remain as they are, acknowledging the wide tool support these languages enjoy.
[08:31] TillMossakowski: Acknowledging the wide tool support that conforming established languages such as OWL or Common Logic enjoy, within the DOL framework, existing OMS in these languages remain as they are.
[08:33] TillMossakowski: Acknowledging the wide tool support that conforming established languages such as OWL or Common Logic enjoy, existing OMS in these languages remain as they are within the DOL framework.
[08:33] TerryLongstreth: Acknowledging the wide tool support that conforming established languages such as OWL or Common Logic enjoy, existing OMS in these languages remain as they are within the DOL framework. [consensus!]
[08:34] TaraAthan: I am looking at the pdf from the latest email, with date June 17, but I still see a lot of occurrences of OSM, in sections 7 and 8. Do I have an old version?
[08:38] TillMossakowski: no, that is the current version
[08:39] TillMossakowski: section 8.1. should start with a design overview in a nutshell, and then continuing with some key features.
[08:40] TillMossakowski: I will rewrite 8.1
[08:41] TillMossakowski: All text for a telecon will be sent around one week before the telecon.
[08:41] TillMossakowski: next meeting: July 16th, same time
[08:41] TerryLongstreth: O&O
[08:53] List of attendees: anonymous, ChristophLange, FabianNeuhaus, MariaKeet, MichaelGruninger, rickmurphy, TaraAthan, TerryLongstreth, TillMossakowski, Yazmin Ibanez