ontoiop-forum

Re: [ontoiop-forum] MOF definition of DOL abstract syntax.

To: "ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: NOYRIT Florian <florian.noyrit@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:58:36 +0000
Dear all,     (01)

Following is a reply to a conversation I initiated with Till and that he asked
me to share.     (02)

Eclipse in its "Eclipse Modeling Tools" packaging flavor provides an
open-source XMI, MOF and UML tree editor (http://eclipse.org/downloads/).
The MOF metamodel I mailed doesn't contain a diagrammatic representation.
Should you want to have a UML diagrammatic representation of the DOL metamodel,
you may use Papyrus which is Eclipse's open-source UML editor
(http://eclipse.org/papyrus/).     (03)

Until I manually make the entire metamodel, it is hard to tell the differences.
But, as far as I saw, the 'IRI' definition (in the MOF metamodel) seems clumsy.
The definition of 'OntoLangTrans' seems (in the MOF metamodel) awkward too. A
manually created metamodel would probably package metaclasses for 'Distributed
OMSs', 'Heterogeneous OMSs' and 'OMS Mappings' in different packages.
Basically, the generated MOF metamodel is too much "textual language tainted".     (04)

The point of my mail is to ask if you think a MOF metamodel of DOL's abstract
syntax would be of any added value (probably as informative annex).
The draft I mailed aims at giving an idea of what a naïve metamodel would look
like.
When you reach a stable version and if you think a MOF definition of DOL's
abstract syntax is of interest, I may take time to propose a non-naive MOF
metamodel.     (05)

Best regards.     (06)

Florian NOYRIT
+33 (0)1 69 08 01 01 - florian.noyrit@xxxxxx
CEA Saclay Nano-INNOV
Institut CARNOT CEA LIST
DILS/Laboratory of model driven engineering for embedded systems (LISE),
Point Courrier 174, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France    (07)