okmds-org

Re: [okmds-org] 5th Organizing Committee Meeting Tue 2007.10.30

To: "OKMDS Organizing Committee" <okmds-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:40:51 -0700
Thanks to Susan for running the meeting today. We had a small crowd,
but a good meeting nonetheless ...    (01)

proceedings can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OKMDS/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2007_10_30    (02)

Key take aways are:    (03)

* we need to continue collecting proposals of candidate event programs
(talks, panel discussions, ...) and have this organizing committee
confirm on at least the next 2~3 (topic and schedule-wise) so we have
something to tell people on Nov-8    (04)

* we need to clarify to people need that they can get the full OKMDS
series programming/content either way ('real life' or 'second life'),
people just being on augmented conference call are not at all
penalized    (05)

*  stay focused to our mission - ref. mission statement at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OKMDS#nid152K
** we may need to reiterate between our mission statement and the
programing to make sure they align    (06)

* we want to identify and invite peopel who can be speakers at the
intersections (not just the domain experts ... unlike the traditional
ONTOLOG mode)    (07)

* it will be nice to have people from different community vantage
points comment on the experts' presentations.    (08)

... Input solicited from each and everyone on this organizing
committee, as always.    (09)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (010)