okmds-convene

Re: [okmds-convene] Joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "OKMDS" mini-series - Thu 20

To: Ontology in Kowledge Management & Decision Support <okmds-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Avery Sen <Avery.Sen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:31:53 -0400
peter,    (01)

this is avery sen from noaa rsvping for "Knowledge Mapping for
Sensemaking"...    (02)

AS    (03)

Peter Yim wrote:
> ****************** Headlines ***********************
>
> We take pleasure in inviting you to join us at the next three sessions
> of the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and
> Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series episodes:
>
>   *Thu 17 Apr 2008* - "Knowledge Mapping for Sensemaking" with invited
> speakers Dr. Jeffrey Conklin (CogNexus Institute), Dr. Simon
> Buckingham Shum (KMi, The Open University, UK), Mr. Eric Yeh (SRI) and
> Mr. Jack Park (SRI).
>
>   *Thu 08 May 2008* - Invited Speaker session with Professor Yochai
> Benkler (Harvard).
>
>   *Thu 29 May 2008* - Concluding session of the OKMDS mini-series with
> Mr. Andrew Schain (NASA/HQ) and Ms. Jeanne Holme (NASA/JPL).
>
>   *Register your attendance* by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline.
> Please specify the date of name of the session(s) you are registering
> for.
>

> ******************** Details ************************
>
> This "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support (OKMDS)"
> mini-series is a collaboration between NASA, Ontolog and the (US)
> Federal Knowledge Management Working Group (KMWG), and is co-organized
> by a team of individuals from various related communities passionate
> about creating the opportunity for an inter-community, collaborative
> exploration of the intersection between Ontology, Knowledge Management
> and Decision Support, that could eventually lead us toward "Better
> Decision Making."
>
> The mini-series will span a period of about six months (Nov-2007 to
> May-2008), during which we are featuring Talks, Panel Discussions and
> Online Discourse on pertinent issues. We expect all the talks and
> panel discussion events to be offered in both 'real world' (augmented
> conference calls) and 'virtual world' (Second Life) settings.
>
> Please refer to details about this mini-series on the OKMDS project
> homepage, at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OKMDS
>

> You are cordially invited to join us at the three upcoming sessions:
>
> *Thu 17 Apr 2008* - OKMDS-session-06 - "Knowledge Mapping for
> Sensemaking" with invited speakers Dr. Jeffrey Conklin (CogNexus
> Institute), Dr. Simon Buckingham Shum (KMi, The Open University, UK),
> Mr. Eric Yeh (SRI) and Mr. Jack Park (SRI). Our panel will be sharing
> with us various "knowledge mapping" approaches to managing
> information, knowledge and decisions and allude to their efficacy in
> dealing with, among others, the class of problems known as "wicked
> problems," that decision makers and knowledge workers would invariably
> encounter. Please refer to details on the session page at:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_03_27
>
> *Thu 08 May 2008* - OKMDS-session-07 - Invited Speaker session with
> Professor Yochai Benkler (Harvard), whose seminal work "Coase's
> Penguin, or Linux and the Nature of the Firm" (NYU, 2002)
> characterized peer production as a basic phenomenon of the networked
> [...]

Avery Sen
Policy Analyst, I.M. Systems Group
Program Planning and Integration
1315 East West Highway
SSMC3, Room 15641
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: 301.713.1622 x203
Email: avery.sen@xxxxxxxx    (05)

“Being is manifest in language.”    (06)

- Hans-Georg Gadamer    (07)