okmds-convene

[okmds-convene] Joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "OKMDS" mini-series - Thu 2008.0

To: okmds-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:21:53 -0800
****************** Headlines ***********************    (01)

We take pleasure in inviting you to join us at the next two sessions
of the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and
Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series episodes:    (02)

  -- *Thu 21 Feb 2008* - "How Knowledge Management Supports Decision
Making in the (US) Federal Government" with invited speakers Mr. Giora
Hadar (FAA) and Dr. Michael Kull (NRC).    (03)

  -- *Thu 20 Match 2008* - "Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery
at NASA" with Panelists: Dr. Richard Keller (NASA/ARC),  Dr. Robert
Raskin (NASA/JPL) and Mr. Ralph Hodgson (TopQuadrant & NASA
Constellation Project).    (04)

  -- *Register your attendance* by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
offline. Please specify the date of name of the session(s) you are
registering for.    (05)

******************** Details ************************    (06)

This "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support (OKMDS)"
mini-series is a collaboration between NASA and Ontolog, and is
co-organized by a team of individuals from various related communities
passionate about creating the opportunity for an inter-community,
collaborative exploration of the intersection between Ontology,
Knowledge Management and Decision Support, that could eventually lead
us toward "Better Decision Making."    (07)

The mini-series will span a period of about six months (Nov-2007 to
May-2008), during which we are featuring Talks, Panel Discussions and
Online Discourse on pertinent issues. We expect all the talks and
panel discussion events to be offered in both 'real world' (augmented
conference calls) and 'virtual world' (Second Life) settings.    (08)

Please refer to details about this mini-series on the OKMDS project
homepage, at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OKMDS    (09)

You are cordially invited to join us at the following two sessions:    (010)

*Thu 21 Feb 2008* - "How Knowledge Management Supports Decision Making
in the (US) Federal Government" to be presented by Mr. Giora Hadar
(FAA) and Dr. Michael Kull (NRC). The session will be chaired by Ms.
JeanneHom (NASA/JPL). Please refer to developing details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_02_21    (011)

*Thu 20 Match 2008* - "Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery at
NASA" with Panelists: Dr. Richard Keller (NASA/ARC), Dr. Robert Raskin
(NASA/JPL) and Mr. Ralph Hodgson (TopQuadrant & NASA Constellation
Project). The session will be chaired by Ms. JeanneHom (NASA/JPL).
Please refer to developing details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_03_20    (012)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline so that
we can prepare enough resources to support everyone. (Kindly include
your affiliation and job title if you aren't already a member of the
Ontolog community or the KMgov community.)    (013)

The sessions will be recorded. Before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (014)

Regards,    (015)

Jeanne Holm                           Peter Yim
Chief Knowledge Architect,            Co-convener,
NASA/JPL                              ONTOLOG    (016)

on behalf of the OKMDS project organizing committee:    (017)

* Andrew Schain (NASA/HQ)
* Denise Bedford (WorldBank)
* Jeanne Holm (NASA/JPL)
* Ken Baclawski (NEU)