model-challenge

[model-challenge] NL and Ontology

To: model-challenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 09:02:25 -0400
Doug,

You wrote

I thought that we were dealing with ontological issues, not NL issues

I'm not sure how one can legitimately claim to be studying Semantics without at least touching on NL.

NL is difficult, it's complicated, but it's essential that the intended real world meaning behind p123(x,y,z) be captured computationally.

For example p123(x,y,z) could mean "it's possible but unlikely that x has been married to y z times".

                            -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering