mini-series-org

[RulesReasoningLP] Fwd: RulesReasoningLP session-04 - Thu 2013.12.19 - p

To: RulesReasoningLP Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:26:03 -0800
Fyi ...    (01)

---------- original message ----------
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Subject: RulesReasoningLP session-04 - Thu 2013.12.19 - preparation
To: "arun@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <arun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jans Aasman
<ja@xxxxxxxxx>, William Guinn <William.Guinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Mitch Kokar <mkokar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Henson Graves <henson.graves@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Baclawski
<kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Craig Norvell - Franz Inc." <cnorvell@xxxxxxxxx>,
Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>    (02)

Dear Arun, Jans, Bill & Mitch,    (03)

Thank you for agreeing to be on the panel this Thursday, and to share
with the community your work and insights. I am trying to quickly
outline the process and logistics we would need to go through in the
next few days, to ensure a smooth running and useful event for all.    (04)

First and foremost, please review and be familiar with the content on
the page at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpeakerSessionTips
... and, in particular, the section labeled "For the SPEAKERS"    (05)

HIGHLIGHTS (note more details on abovementioned page):
* Slides from you all will be due by end of day Tuesday (i.e.
tomorrow) so we can have a day (Wed) for review and updates.
* Please supply the slides in pdf format, and make sure all slides are
numbered.
* They should be emailed to the co-chairs, with a copy to me
(peter.yim@xxxxxxxx) as  I will be running all the logistics for the
event.
* If, for any reason, you need a bit more time, please make sure you
email us (and provide an ETA), so we can plan our other things around
it.    (06)

After I received your slides, I will promptly acknowledge (if you
don't hear back within a few hours, email me, so we can put a tracer
on it), and then post them in a "staging area" for "peer review." The
purpose of this is to allow the co-chairs and fellow panelists to see
what each other will be talking about, and to tweak their own
presentations (help each other as well) so we have a rich,
comprehensive, coherent and quality session.    (07)

I will rename and add metadata to the slides (to conform to the
Ontolog conventions) and will link them to the session page before the
event. When the page is ready, I will confirm to you all, and request
that everyone makes a final review. As always, feel free to edit the
page (or send me the edits) as you deem fit, any time.    (08)

During the presentation, I will be advancing slides (for the
shared-screen server) for everyone. Therefore, please prompt me (and
others who run your slides on their own desktop) every time you want
to advance the slides AND call out the slide number (this is how we
keep everyone in sync ... especially the hundreds and thousands of
participants who will be "participating asynchronously" later.)    (09)

If you have content questions, please address them to the session
co-chairs; feel free to email or call me any time if you have
questions relating to logistics, though.    (010)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (011)

Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim
650.578.9998    (012)

for and on behalf of the session co-chairs
Henson Graves & Ken Baclawski
--    (013)

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki