mini-series-org

Re: [RulesReasoningLP] Proceedings: ONTOLOG community event planning and

To: RulesReasoningLP Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:30:05 -0700
Harold, Adrian, Mike and All,    (01)

Please note the swapping of the two dates.    (02)

> 2013_11_28 -  Thursday: No community event ... Thanksgiving Holiday in the US!
>
> 2013_11_21 -  Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 3 - R3. Rule
> Standards:  Common Logic, RuleML, and RIF [HaroldBoley, AdrianPaschke,
> MikeDean(?)]    (03)

Harold, Adrian & Mike: kindly acknowledge and re-confirm that
this new (Nov-21) date is ok. If so, kindly proceed accordingly.    (04)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
--    (05)

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Good catch,  Ken ... thanks.
>
> Event  calendar updated as below:
> //
> ... please  continue to refer to the developing Master Event Calendar
> at:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls
>
> 2013_12_26 -  Thursday: No community event ... Happy Holidays!
>
> 2013_12_19 -  Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 4 - R4. Guide to
> Reasoning  Applications Development and Cases [HensonGraves,
>  KenBaclawski(?)]
>
> 2013_12_12 -  Thursday: OntologyBasedStandards - session 7 - S7. How
> ontologies  can help with the formal specification of the standards in
> natural  language standards [SimonSpero, RichardMartin(?),
>  MarkJohnson(?), KenBaclawski, AdamWyner(?)]
>
> 2013_12_06 -  Friday: First OntologySummit2014 Organizing Committee meeting
>
> 2013_12_05 -  Thursday: OntologySummit2014 (Pre-Launch) Community
> Brainstorm  Session
>

> 2013_11_28 -  Thursday: No community event ... Thanksgiving Holiday in the US!
>
> 2013_11_21 -  Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 3 - R3. Rule
> Standards:  Common Logic, RuleML, and RIF [HaroldBoley, AdrianPaschke,
> MikeDean(?)]
>
> 2013_11_14 -  Thursday: No community event ... STIDS 2013 in session this week
>
> ...  OntologySummit2014 co-organizer meeting to be held around this
> time  (3X9T)
 >
> 2013_11_07 -  Thursday: OntologyBasedStandards - session 6 - S4.
>  Ontology-based Financial Standards [MikeBennett, BillMcCarthy,
>  ElieAbiLahoud] (3TZE)    (3X9U)
>
> 2013_10_31 -  Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 2 - R2. Concepts and
> Foundations  of Logic Programming and Semantic Web Programming
> [LeoObrst,  PascalHitzler(?)]
>
> 2013_10_24 -  Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 1 - R1. Ontology,
> Rules, and  Logic Programming for Reasoning and Applications
>  (RulesReasoningLP): Survey and Introduction [LeoObrst,
BenjaminGrosof]

> [...]
>  Ontology-based Standards in the area of Quantities and Units of
> Measure  [PeterYim, RamSriram]
>
> 2013_10_08 -  Tuesday: OOR Development Session: "Meta-Ontology for
> Ontology  Categories" - Co-chairs: TillMossakowski & MichaelGruninger -
>  OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08
>
> 2013_10_03 -  Thursday: Joint IAOA-ONTOLOG Session: "Brainstorming for
> an Ontology  textbook" - Chair: MichaelGruninger
>  -ConferenceCall_2013_10_03
>
> 2013_10_01 -  Tuesday: OOR Project Team Member (regular planning &
> admin)  Conference Call - OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_01
>
> 2013_09_26 -  Thursday: No community event
>
> 2013_09_19 -  Thursday: OntologySummit2014 Topic Brainstorm Session -
> Co-chairs:  MichaelGruninger & PeterYim -ConferenceCall_2013_09_19
>
> 2013_09_17 -  Tuesday: OOR: "Developing a Common UI Across Disparate
> OOR  Instances" - Chairs: KenBaclawski - with opening brief from
>  DanielCoutoVale - OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_17
> //
>
> Thanks &  regards. =ppy
> --    (06)

> On Sat, Sep  14, 2013 at 2:07 PM, kenb <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> FYI.  Thanksgiving in the US is on 11/28, not 11/21.
>>
>> Best  regards,
>>
>> -- Ken    (07)

>> On Sat,  14 Sep 2013, Peter Yim wrote:
>>
>>> Dear  All,
>>>

>>>  Thanks to those who showed up at the conference call, we had a very
>>>  productive session on Thursday, 12-Sep-2013, and a very rich
program
>>> has  been developed for the rest of the year at the Ontolog Forum.
>>>
>>> The  full proceedings of that session is now available at:
>>>  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_09_12
>>>
>>>  Essentially, (while still subject to further refinement) the
following
>>>  Ontolog program of events have been scheduled for the rest of 2013:
>>>
>>> ...  please continue to refer to the developing Master Event Calendar
>>> at:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls
>>>
>>>  2013_12_26 - Thursday: No community event ... Happy Holidays!
>>>
>>>  2013_12_19 - Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 4 - R4. Guide to
>>>  Reasoning Applications Development and Cases [HensonGraves,
>>>  KenBaclawski(?)]
>>>
>>>  2013_12_12 - Thursday: OntologyBasedStandards - session 7 - S7. How
>>>  ontologies can help with the formal specification of the
standards in
>>>  natural language standards [SimonSpero, RichardMartin(?),
>>>  MarkJohnson(?), KenBaclawski, AdamWyner(?)]
>>>
>>>  2013_12_06 - Friday: First OntologySummit2014 Organizing
Committee meeting

>>>  2013_12_05 - Thursday: OntologySummit2014 (Pre-Launch) Community
>>>  Brainstorm Session
>>>

>>>  2013_11_28 - Thursday: RulesReasoningLP - session 3 - R3. Rule
>>>  Standards: Common Logic, RuleML, and RIF [HaroldBoley,
AdrianPaschke,
>>>  MikeDean(?)]
>>>
>>>  2013_11_21 - Thursday: No community event ... Thanksgiving
Holiday in the

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RulesReasoningLP

>>> * On  point for the OntologyBasedStandards mini-series are
>>>  MichaelGruninger and PeterYim; discussion on the session
organization
>>>  should be done on the [ontology-based-standards] mailing list
>>>  (mailto:ontology-based-standards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; message
archive -
>>>  http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-based-standards/ ) and the
>>>  mini-series homepage at:
>>>  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyBasedStandards
>>>
>>> * now  that the session schedule, content/scope, and co-champions have
>>> been  identified, the work is assumed to have been properly
>>>  distributed/delegated to those who have been identified as
>>>  co-champions of each session. Do go ahead and develop your session
>>>  plans, and report back to the organization mailing list (see below)
>>> and  actively coordinate the organization work there.
>>>
>>> * All  session champions: please coordinate offline, or discuss online
>>> via  the mailing lists, and supply your session plans to the respective
>>>  mailing lists (see above) within one week from this date (i.e.
>>>  on/before Sunday 22-Sep-2013), specifying:
>>> //
>>>  Session date
>>>  Session Title
>>> Name  of co-champions
>>>  Session co-chairs
>>>  Content to be covered / Session Abstract
>>>  (Confirmed or) Candidate panelists
>>> //
>>> ...  Input, ideas suggestions, recommendation from other co-organizers
>>> and  the community are solicited and appreciated, as always. However,
>>> do  note that session co-champions are empowered to make (practically)
>>> all  decisions for their sessions.
>>>
>>> *  unless otherwise adopted, all sessions are expected to be 2-hours
>>> long,  with the start time of 9:30am PDT / 12:30pm EDT / 6:30pm CEST /
>>>  5:30pm BST / 16:30 UTC (or whatever time it becomes when various
>>>  time-zones move out of daylight saving time)
>>>

>>> Feel  free to email this list, the point persons identified, or the
>>>  undersigned, if there is any question.
>>>

>>>  Thanks & regards. =ppy

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_09_12

RSVP now!