mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] Ideas, Objectives and Goals for the Mini-serie

To: mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'James W. Wilson'" <wilsonjw@xxxxxxx>
From: Nancy Wiegand <wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:31:04 -0500
I'm back in town. I also had missed the conference call, but I see the
information at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3CXI.
1. Who is the audience for the min-series? Should it be more tutorial
such that we should advertise to the EarthScience community? Or, is it
more to address research issues?
    Regarding tutorials, I believe James Wilson, as part of our INTEROP
grant, has students making semantic tutorials regarding geospatial data.
We could add earth science examples.
2. Another topic could be how to represent earth science data as linked
data, especially remote sensing or sensor type data. Maybe this has been
done already.    (01)

Nancy    (02)

Project homepage: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog    (04)