iaoa-swao

[iaoa-swao] Workshop June 2-3 Madison, WI

To: IAOA SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology SIG <iaoa-swao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Nancy Wiegand <wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 18:11:58 -0500

Unfortunately, we don't think we can support international travel. Also, I don't think there will be remote access. But, I wanted to let everyone know.

   Nancy

Geospatial Semantics Workshop and GeoVoCamp

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/meetings/geosp_sem/

June 2-3, 2014

Pyle Center (702 Langdon Street, Madison, WI), University of Wisconsin-Madison

We would like to invite you to attend a two-day workshop that has a broad focus on including semantic technology in geospatial applications. This workshop has two parts. One part will have speakers talking about ontologies, linked data, or other semantic technology. The other part will be a GeoVoCamp in which people break into small groups. Each group will work on a draft ontology design pattern on a topic area.  To do this, each group will have domain experts as well as someone able to formalize the design, which we will arrange. This workshop is supported by an NSF INTEROP grant.

Contact information: Nancy Wiegand, wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx, and Gary Berg-Cross, gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx

Step 1: Email Nancy Wiegand and Gary Berg-Cross to confirm attendance and indicate if you would like to do (or not do) a 20 min. or so presentation. Also, if you have an idea for a topic for the GeoVoCamp, please indicate that. So far, we have a parcel model topic.

Step 2: After confirmation from Nancy or Gary, register on the Website. There is no registration fee, but we need this recorded. (http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/meetings/geosp_sem/)

Step 3: Once your attendance is confirmed, your email contact information will be communicated to our travel department, and they will contact you to set up air travel (unless you are driving) and hotel accommodations.  NO reimbursements for air or hotel will be issued. We will pay those directly. Due to the lateness of organizing, we will cover flight expenses if made by May 9.

      We will also pay airport parking, cab fare, or if you drive, mileage expenses. Please keep your receipts for reimbursement. We will not pay for food or other incidentals. Meals will be provided all day on Monday and through a snack Tuesday afternoon. We’re not sure yet exactly when the workshop will end on Tuesday but will likely go all afternoon. If you need to leave in the afternoon, that’s fine. If you can’t leave Tuesday evening, please contact us for a possible third hotel night.

We hope to see you in Madison!

Nancy and Gary

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-swao/
File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology/
SIG Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (01)