[iaoa-member] IAOA assembly open - Please cast your vote in our 2014 bal

To: "[IAOA-member]" <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Gruninger <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 23:16:21 -0400

Dear IAOA members,    (01)

I declare our first 2014 IAOA virtual assembly open, following earlier
announcements [1-2]. Its main purpose is the approval of the 2013 Financial
Statement and the 2014 Budget, see [3-4], based on our Statute and other
legal requirements.    (02)

Starting from April 15 00:00 (midnight, anywhere), IAOA members can vote
online until April 22 23:59 (midnight, anywhere) [5]. All votes are
anonymous. Detailed instructions relevant for voting can be found below,
while the overall Assembly is publically documented at [6] (with process
details, terms of reference etc.).    (03)

[6] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_Assembly_2014_04    (04)

For approval we need to satisfy a quorum of at least 50% of the current
members plus one. Please note that only those members can vote who have an
active membership, i.e., who have already completed their membership renewal
for 2014 or have newly joined us this year (before April 15). But everyone
can contribute to discussions about both documents [3-4] via this mailing
list [7]. If we are not able to meet the quorum requirement, a second call
will be necessary.    (05)

If the quorum is met, the Financial Statement and the Budget will be
approved by a favorable vote (i.e., the count of "Yes" votes only) of a
simple majority of all actual participants in the ballot. The outcome of the
voting will be announced to the [iaoa-member] mailing list [7] by Apr 30.    (06)

Please be aware that your vote takes just a few minutes, but is of high
importance to our Association - and values the voluntary time that members
spend on it. We kindly ask you and strongly hope for your participation.    (07)

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!    (08)

Thanks and best wishes,
Michael Gruninger
President, IAOA    (09)

Steps for voting
----------------    (010)

QUICK SUMMARY:
1.) "Members's Area" [8]
   2.) "Utilities"
     3.) "2014 Vote for Financial Statement and Budget"
       4.) Vote, please!  -> THANK YOU!    (011)

Note that only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority of
favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain" and
"No" do not.    (012)

WITH REMARKS:
1.)
Go to the "Member's Area" [8] and log in with your IAOA account details.    (013)

[8] http://iaoa.org/members/members.php    (014)

Your user name corresponds to the email address registered with IAOA (which
may differ from the one specified for [iaoa-member]). If you do not remember
your password, you can reset it immediately via [9], found as a link at the
main page [10] or at "Membership and Benefits" [11]. Via resetting your
password you should receive a message at the email address that acts as your
user name. If all that should fail, please do not give up, but send an email
to the secretary [12].    (015)

2.)
In the "Member's Area" [1], click on the tab "Utilities" (the left-most menu
item in the top link bar; [13] is a direct link).    (016)

3.)
Then click on the last, highlighted item: "2014 Vote for Financial Statement
and Budget".    (017)

4.)
CAST YOUR VOTES, PLEASE!    (018)

FURTHER NOTES:
* The act of casting a vote constitutes a member's participation in the
assembly.
* The voting options for the 2013 Financial Statement are "Yes" (for
acceptance), "No" (for rejection), and "Abstain".
* The voting options for the 2014 Budget are "Yes" (for no objections), "No"
(for rejection), and "Abstain".
* Note that only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority
of favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain"
and "No" do not. In particular, also "Abstain" counts as a vote, but not as
a favorable vote.    (019)